Chanel carefully selects leather of the leather of the finest quality. It is integrally dyed to keep it soft and natural-looking (surface-dyeing hardens leather and gives a plastic-like appearance).
To preserve the beauty of your handbag for as long as possible. you should take the following precautions.
1. Always put it away upright, in the original felt case/box or bag (if you have it) If don’t have the original storage items, use another bag or box for storage. Pad the chanel bag with tissue paper to keep the shape. Make sure that the chains are not in contact with the outside of the bag as they may mark the leather. The simplest thing is to put them inside the handbag, in the tissue paper.
2. Do not over-fill your handbag, as this might spoil the shape irreparably, and strain the chain fasteners, zips and clasps.
3. The metal parts of your handbag are gilded with an alloy containing 24-carat gold, which is sometimes sensitive to sea air and the acidity of the skin, and may eventually wear off.
Clasps, chains ans other metal parts can be re-guided. Ask at a CHANEL boutique for an estimate.
4. The tanning methods used by CHANEL keep the leather soft so that the surface remains alive and permeable. Avoid contact with water, grease, perfume and makeup.
5. Do not clean with products intended for other purposes, such as polish, turpentine, oil, spot removers, spirit or solvents.
6. Light-colored chanel handbags, particularly white and beige, are very vulnerable to dust and marks. bad stains are practically impossible to remove.
7. White Chanel Handbags are extremely sensitive to light, and the leather will turn yellow if is is exposed for too long to spotlights, fluorescent lamps, etc.
8. You can polish the leather gently a natural-colored soft woolen cloth. Do not rub with rough or abrasive materials.
9. If your handbag gets wet, do not wipe it but absorb the water by patting gently with a fine woollen cloth.
10. Greasy marks can be removed with unscented talcum. Sprinkle on the mark, leave overnight and brush off gently with a perfectly clean makeup brush.
11. Minor scratches can be rubbed off with a clean. dry finger. Press gently, with a circular movement. The finger should be free of any grease or moisture.
12. Do not attempt to repair more serious damage yourself. Consult a CHANEL Boutique or a good leather dealer.
Natural leather is one of the few materials which improve with age, acquiring a patina which enhances its appearance. If you treat your CHANEL handbag with the care which it deserves, you can enjoy using it for many years to come…………