Isn’t it amazing to own a Hermes bag? Isn’t it wonderful to know that the bag has jumped from just an accessory to a staple in a wardrobe of a woman? Definitely, all women love handbags, especially when it is a luxe bag like Hermes. This is why it is an essential element to properly clean your bag to make sure it lasts for a longer time.
Cleaning your Hermes bag
Cleaning your handbag on a monthly basis will keep your bag look like it is newly bought. If you do not know how to clean your Hermes, then you can follow these steps:
- Make sure that your handbag’s pockets are emptied. Shake it gently to remove any dust or debris.
- Clean the interior part of your handbag. Gently pull it inside out and use a lint roller for cleaning. You can also use your vacuum’s fabric brush attachment if you cannot pull out the lining of the bag.
- Clean the exterior part of the handbag. You can use baby wipes that is alcohol-free. Most experts advise to use baby wipes that is not just alcohol-free, but also chlorine- and perfume-free.
- Do a follow-up cleaning. Wipe your Hermes bag with a soft, dry cloth to remove any moisture from the baby wipes.
By cleaning the Hermes bag, you are guaranteed that is free of any dirt or dust and can look good as new. But if you want to extend the life of your Hermes bag, then follow the tips below:
Do not try to clean your Hermes handbag all by yourself if there is a big stain on it. It is better to take it to a bag cleaning specialist immediately.
Check your handbag if it does have “feet” on the bottom. If it does not have any, then bring it to a bag cleaning specialist to have it added. The “feet” on your bag can protect it from any form of dirt or scratches.
Storing your Hermes bag
Not only that cleaning your Hermes bag is important, but also its proper storage. Storing your bag will also have a great impact on its lifespan and looks too. Make sure that before storing the bag, you should always let it air out for a few hours. You can also fill up your bag with loose balls of crumpled acid-free tissue paper as it will help in holding its original shape.
- Your Hermes bag can be hung on a hook for a couple of days. Do not hang it any longer than three days, because it will put too much tension on the straps.
- Always put the bag in the storage bag that came with it. If it does not have one, then you can make one by yourself. You can use a pillow case or cotton.
- You can store your bag in your closet, baskets or bins made of plastic-coated wire.